Monday, January 5, 2009

海角七號 ~ Cape No. 7

i was drawn to the title of the movie. Much was read about the fame of this movie in Taiwan. 

The cinemas are plague with rubbish recently and make u wanna puke. So after work today off I went for this movie lah. As usual movie as such is not well receive in Malaysia lah. Because we are so muhibbah with ourselves mah or the lack of the culture appreciation..before I kena second opinion..I better stop... :p 

So this morning I checked out the major cinemas ...and only Pavilion and KLCC are the nearest both respectively at 7.00pm and 6.30pm.. 

By the way, yesterday I had the worst sorethroat in my life. Woke up for like 8 times or more because of very serious sorethroat. It was not until the late afternoon only can I get better. I am still taking strepsil and begin to get tired of taking it...

So after work..off I went lah..Parked my car at Times Square n off I went to the ticket counter.. Hmm...how come don't have one.. So I went up one level and asked again.. The counter fler told me it was in Pavilion lah.. ahahah..yalah...it was in Pavilion.. This blushing luckily in confine to my own sphere of emotion ler.. 

So oredi 6.15 liao.. then I forgot the time of the which cinema show what time.. then mai went and bought stars from 7/11...wow..amazing still can get STAR copy. So Pavilion is 7pm.. 

I had never watched movie in Pavilion before and never really shopped or jalan jalan there except for one time model shooting ania. 

So finding the cinema was a challenge.. is it? ahaha...when you thought you are running out of time lah. So I finally bought my first movie ticket in Pavilion. Wow.. there are so much happening around here. Guess I must come here someday and take a stroll. 

Cape. No. 7 came in time to swept away the famine in my heart about cinema's movie. 

It is not something that is really spectacular. I am attracted to its cinematography of most. The plot and the movie was much decorated with care. So what I like about taiwanese movie.. the all time "tai yu" taiwanese dialect ala hokkien lah.  so there is lotsa tai yu in this movie and keep your ball cracking. And guess there are a few hokkien flers in the cinema despite only the handful of ppl watching this lah..ahaha.. 

There is  not much of hype in the movie. You won't get it in fact even at the end also the mediocrity of it stand really stands out. 

There is also about a Japanese fler who have to give up her love in Taiwan due to WWII.. 

so while on his way back to Japan in that slow slow boat, our Japs fren here actually wrote a 7 letters to this gal which she have to left. He admit ler his cowardice.. This 7 letters was read partially as this movie goes along.. I tell u weh..the piano piece accompaniment and that Japs fler sitting on the ship in this so C.G. graphic...awesome!!! Then as the Japs read in Japanese and as I catch the subtitle..woW.. I thought that was simply beautiful and really I could have thought the one who wrote it could experience themselves such a truthful love. 

So one day the daughter to this Jap fler found those letters ler as she was house cleaning as this Jap fler pass away recently. The daughter read it and was touched and she decided to sent this bunch of memories and letters back to the Taiwanese gal that his father once love. 

Then the address was Cape No. 7 lah...and Cape No. 7 also near to the small tiny tiny town where the taiwanese dwell in this dunno what name is the place liao... :p 

So Aga, young and frustrasted on his life rush of blood young man was doing the postman job..which he ngam ngam pick up due to the old postman met with a funny accident. The story of it in the beginning that intro this little town was damn kelakar. I think it was nicely plot though could be likely predictable. 

Aga somehow dint really delivered those letters everyday instead he kept it in his house...ahaha.. along with this parcel that to be sent to the Cape No. 7 addressee. One day Aga opened up the parcel and read the content ler. Then the flashback of the memories began. part by part at the designated time in the movie lah. nice job I would said...despite the C.G. japanese ship..ahaha

So the other parts of the story tell about this little tiny town wanna select their brand of band to play and to promote their tiny town to the world..and co-incide also with a japanese singer visiting them... 

So Aga was selected as the band leader..and at the same time a japs gal who also speak mandarin was on an assignment to this tiny town and she was readdress another assignment which is to update and follow up on the band thingy lah..

So funny cerita along the way.. and much japanese colonial air was present in old taiwanese ppl was aired here. The young generations livelihood... show this band small little gal that played the keyboard..she was playing in church and she was playing according to her tempo like salsa dance lah...fast fast slow slow fast fast.. you should see the face of the priest and the crowd that was trying to play catch up and old man tarik long long breathlessly to the hymm.. 

Those are just little small plots in the movie that make a quick comedy.. A well worth of 2 hours entertaining and thanks to the team that make this movie as for me it was great!! 

A well evening worth spend kudasai!!

No comments:

Post a Comment